The following Australian Cricket Junior Formats are offered by Mount Colah Cricket Club for the 2022/2023 season. Recommended ages and abilities for players are listed below:
* Junior Blasters – Recommended for kids aged 5-7 of all ability levels. 60 minute sessions at Parklands Oval, Mount Colah on Saturday morning from 9-10 am. Learn the skills to play cricket through fun game based activities. For more information on Junior Blasters click HERE.
* Master Blasters (Mixed – Boys & Girls) – Recommended for 7 to 10 year olds. 90 minute soft ball cricket games designed to develop fundamental skills. Teams will play home and away matches on Saturday morning at various grounds against other local clubs in the U/8 or U/9 age groups. For more information on Master Blasters click HERE.
* Master Blasters (Girls only) – Recommended for 7 to 10 year old girls. Participants learn all the skills of cricket in a fun and social setting at the local Girls Only Master Blasters Centre (Warrina Street Oval, Berowra) from 6 to 7.30 pm on Friday evenings.
* Junior Cricket Stage 1 (U10 and U11) – 20 over games on a 16 metre pitch using a modified ball. All players bat, bowl and field equally to promote participation and skill development.
* Junior Cricket Stage 2 (U12 and U13) – 30 over one-day games on an 18 metre pitch. Batting and bowling restrictions apply to promote participation and skill development.
* Junior Cricket Stage 3 (U14 to U16/17) – 30 over one-day games on a full length pitch; played in the traditional format and rules.
Determining the correct age group:
– for competition cricket, players must be under the age of the nominated age group as listed on 31st August in the year of registration. For example, to play U/12s in the 2022/23 season the child needs to be aged 11 or under on 31st August, 2022.
– for Master Blasters and Stage 1 cricket, parents should consider their child’s level of skill and previous experience to help choose the most appropriate format (please contact Mount Colah CC for assistance and advice if required).